People keep asking on LinkedIn and Quora if there’s anything interesting in the User Experience (UX) world. I’m mostly accustomed to educating myself by reading articles. Rare are the opportunities to attend conferences or participate in webinars.
Let me share the most interesting websites, blogs and twitter accounts I follow on the topic of Feng Shui 2.0.
Major UX and Design Websites
- uie.com/brainsparks/ User Interface Engineering is a research, training, and consulting firm specializing in web site and product usability. Blog and podcasts.
- useit.com/alertbox/ - Jakob Nielsen’s column on Web usability.
- UX Booth: Resources and Blog.
- alistapart.com/topics/userscience/ - Designing and testing usable interfaces. Use-case models and model users. Conducting meaningful user testing. Usability testing on the cheap.
- designshack.co.uk showcases inspiring web design, alongside resources and tutorials for you to succeed in the same way.
- smashingmagazine.com delivers useful and innovative information to Web designers and developers.
- uxmag.com delivers a central place to discuss the critical disciplines that all enhance user experience.
- usability.gov a one-stop source for government web designers to learn how to make websites more usable, useful, and accessible.
- yuiblog.com/blog/ serves the YUI community by publishing articles about the YUI Library, Yahoo! Design Patterns Library, and frontend engineering/web design in general.
- uie.com/brainsparks/ User Interface Engineering is a leading research, training, and consulting firm specializing in web site and product usability.
- blog.kissmetrics.com Helping 1000s of businesses turn analytics into insights that guide decision-making and growth.
- SEOmoz/UX – blog posts related to user experience.
- blog.crazyegg.com. Crazy Egg is a simple web application that lets people track actual clicks on a website.
- blog.clicktale.com In particular there’s a good article: Checkout the Amazon Way. ClickTale is the industry leader in Customer Experience Analytics (CEA), providing businesses with insights into their customers’ online behavior.
- websiteoptimizer.blogspot.com allows you to increase the value of your existing websites and traffic.
- intuitionhq.com/blog Usability testing made easy, quick and effective.
The UX Community on Twitter
Here are some great UX folks I’ve rounded up for you:
Also check out and follow my UX list on Twitter.