Established in 1999, Kyiv Mohyla Business School [kmbs] in Ukraine is a school for leaders who are oriented on qualitative changes. kmbs introduces a new 3-day program (Aug 7-9, 2014): How to Launch a Startup in Silicon Valley
The workshop is designed for:
- Specialists in the field of high technologies who are considering starting their own projects
- Entrepreneurs who want to expand their startup to international markets and open an office in Silicon Valley
- Investors who consider investments into new innovative businesses and want to become familiar with international investing best practices
Author and Coach/Mentor
Vlad Pavlov is the founder and CEO of rollApp, Inc, which is his third startup. Vlad is a serial entrepreneur and global high-tech executive who previously served on CxO/Director positions for a wide range of companies from seed-stage startups to Intel and Microsoft, in Poland, Russia, Ukraine and the United States.
His experience includes managing market-leading products ranging from browser plug-ins to compilers and FDA-approved clinical information systems. A frequent speaker at scientific and industrial conferences, he has authored major publications on computer science and software engineering (in 2006 was included into ACM Top-10 list). Vlad is a Senior IEEE member, Chair-Emeritus at CEE-SECR, his biography is published in Marquis’ Who’s Who in the World.
Program Structure and Schedule
The program consists of two integrated modules:
- A two-day workshop (August 7-8)
- One-day business game (August 9)
August 7-8, 2014
Workshop: How to create a tech startup, bring it to the global market, find the right investors, get funding for your startup, and open an office in Silicon Valley.
The workshop participants will receive answers to various practical questions such as:
- How to make the first steps and turn your idea into a startup
- How to get the first clients/customers
- How to find and pitch investors
- How structure an investment deal
Particular attention will be paid to the practical details of working as a foreign entrepreneur in the state of California.
The startup life-cycle will be considered from three perspectives:
1. Entrepreneurs’ perpective: how to choose and polish a business idea; how to build and motivate an international team; how to test and validate a business model; how to ensure the company growth and attract investors to accelerate this growth; how to plan and prepare your startup for exit, etc.
2. Investors’ perpective: how do venture funds operate – unveiling the inner mechanics; what is the logic of venture investors for making investment decisions; what are the important parts and risk factors of investment deals; how startups and investors are working together once the funding is attracted, etc.
3. Practical (hands-on) perspective: where and how to get incorporated in the United States; how to get the right visa type; how to effectively use Silicon Valley’s business infrastructure; what are the typical organizational and legal mistakes and how to avoid them, etc.
The workshop consists of lectures, practical activities and Skype video-bridges with invited experts.
Since 2011 Vlad Pavlov repeatedly conducted this workshop in the US and Russia. In Ukraine so far it was held only two times (once in Kyiv in a closed format and once in Dnipropetrovsk).
August 9, 2014
Business Game: Launching a High-Tech Startup and Attracting Investment
During this highly intensive one-day simulation, participants will dessign a high-tech startup from scratch and prepare it for pitching to VCs.
During the game, the participants get hands-on experience in a wide range of different activities that are required from succesfull startup founders, in particular:
- Picking the right idea for your startup
- Creating a team of founders and Advisory Board
- Creating market and competitive analysis
- Defining your product
- Finding your “Unfair Advantage”
- Designing a winning business model
- Creating an “Elevator Pitch”
- Budgeting and forecasting (Growth/Revenue) for startups
- Defining your exit strategy
- Incorporating your startup and getting ready to open your office in Silicon Valley
- Prearing must-have documents for raising an investment round
4 800 UAH (VAT included)
Reserve your spot today!